There’s not much I love more than a delicious pasta salad and this Pesto Pasta Salad truly knocks it out of the park! I created this recipe last week and my family was quick to say that they loved it even more than my OG “Everyone’s Favorite Pasta Salad“. That’s saying A LOT! This recipe is perfect for any occasion, whether you’re looking for a quick meal or an easy entertaining dish that you can make ahead of time. I personally love to meal prep a large batch and snack on it throughout the week.
The combination of sweet corn, cherry tomatoes, crispy prosciutto and mozzarella is pretty close to perfect IMO. And of course, the pesto vinaigrette is what makes the dish truly addicting.
A few notes that are important to keep in mind for this pasta salad recipe:
- Cook your pasta al dente and make sure to rinse with cold water immediately after. I would NEVER usually recommend rinsing pasta but a cold pasta salad is the only exception! It will stop the cooking and cool the noodles.
- After rinsing your pasta, drizzle a generous amount of olive oil overtop to prevent sticking. Season with salt as well, always best to season in layers!
- For the pesto, I like to add a few ice cubes while pulsing in the food processor. This helps the pesto retain its vibrant green color.
- For the pesto, I highly encourage using Parmigiano Reggiano instead of “parmesan”. This is a swap that makes a huge difference in almost any recipe. True Parmigiano Reggiano provides an umami flavor bomb and elevates any dish.
- Lastly, I actually prefer to use raw sweet corn in this dish but you can also use cooked/grilled corn.
I hope you love it as much as I do and share it with all your loved ones. Enjoy!