1. Heat oil and butter in a large dutch oven over medium heat. Once butter is melted and oil is hot, add in the diced onions. Season with 1 tsp salt and sauté oven medium heat for 6-8 minutes until translucent and tender.
2. Add in the minced garlic and sauté for about 1 minute, just until fragrant.
3. Add in the dried basil, oregano, chili flakes, fennel seeds, sugar, and pepper and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the two cans of crushed tomatoes, basil sprigs, and parmesan rind. Cook down for 20 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally and using a flat wooden spoon to gently break up any large pieces of tomatoes.
4. Add in the chicken stock and bring back to a boil.
5. Once at a boil, add in the orzo pasta. Cook, stirring occasionally and making sure it does not stick to the bottom. Cook for approximately 10 minutes. Stir in the kale and cannellini beans. Allow the kale to cook down for another 4-6 minutes. Check for seasoning and serve.
6. Garnish with freshly grated mozzarella cheese and parmesan. Enjoy!