1. Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 13×9 pan, set aside.
2. Blitz graham crackers and the ginger snaps in a food processor until fine. Pour into a bowl and mix in the demerara sugar and salt. Pour in the melted butter and mix until well absorbed. Place mixture into the greased pan, using something flat to press down. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes, set aside to cool.
3. In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or a hand mixer, cream together the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy (about 2 mins). Add in the sour cream, pumpkin puree, vanilla, salt, and pumpkin pie spice, mix until just combined.
4. With the mixer on medium low, add in the eggs one at a time. Adding in the next one once the previous one is fully mixed in. Once the last egg is mixed, stop mixing. Over mixing can cause the cheesecake to crack.
5. Meanwhile, place an oven safe baking dish/pan with hot water on the rack below where the cheesecake will be. This ensures moisture while cooking and prevent it from drying out.
6. Pour the cheesecake batter onto the cooled crust. Bake at 350, uncovered for about 55 minutes, checking in at the 35 minute mark to ensure the top isn’t getting too brown. If it is, lightly tent with foil for the remaining 20 minutes of total bake time. Once ready, you should be able to wiggle the middle a bit but it shouldn’t be liquidy. Let cool then place in the fridge to chill overnight. Cut into bars and serve with your favorite toppings!