1. Heat 2 tsp oil in a large dutch oven over medium high heat. Add in the ground beef. Season with 1 tsp each of salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Once cooked and browned, remove ground beef and reserve in a bowl.
2. In the same pot, add 2 more tsp of oil to the dutch oven and repeat this process with the ground pork (same seasonings). Once cooked and browned, remove pork and reserve in the same bowl as the beef.
3. Add in 2 more tsp of oil and cook the diced onions over medium heat for about 8 minutes, or until translucent. Add in the diced bell peppers, jalapeño, and garlic (season with salt). Cook for another 5 minutes. Add in all of the spices and cook for about 30 seconds or until the spices are fragrant.
4. Pour in the can of crushed tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Add in the fire roasted tomatoes, 4 cups beef stock, brown sugar, and season with salt. Bring to a simmer, add beef and pork back in along with beans and turn heat to medium-low. Cook (stirring occasionally) for about an hour. Finish with 2 tbsp red wine vinegar and taste for salt.
5. Garnish with cheddar cheese, sour cream, and scallions!