I officially launched my blog in January 2020, although I started posting consistently a few months before that. One of the commonly asked questions in my recent Q&A was how to grow on Instagram and I thought it’d be a good idea to answer here! Here are some of my top tips, hope this is helpful 🤍
How To Grow On Instagram
- If you’re still thinking about it, stop thinking and just start NOW (it took me years to finally start 🙉).
- Be consistent with content (photos, videos, stories etc.) – this is so important.
- Focus on video content (reels)!
- Stay true to yourself and have fun. I still feel silly talking to the camera but do your best to own it. In other words focus on you and those who support you, don’t let any potential negativity discourage you.
- Be active on Instagram and cultivate relationships with like accounts/creators you enjoy following. I’ve made some amazing and supportive friends through the network. There’s so much BTS that goes into one post or video and it’s always gratifying to support others.
- Tag brands and those who inspire you – crediting others can only help and I personally believe it’s the right thing to do. I’ve been inspired by so many other accounts and have done so.
- Don’t give up – like anything it can be easy to get discouraged and impatient at times but it’s so important to keep believing in yourself. Keep working at it every day if it’s something you want.
- If you’re not sure where exactly to start, choose a few things you’re interested in and start incorporating it all – see what you and others enjoy most, then dial in on that niche.
- If you want this to become your full time job treat it as such from the beginning. It definitely requires making some sacrifices and a lot of juggling but it will pay off. Plus, if you love what you’re doing, it may not feel so much like “work.”
- Switch to a business account if you haven’t already so that you can track analytics.