1. Peel and thoroughly wash tomatillos, then bring to boil with a pinch of salt.
2. Blend romaine, chiles, green onions, cilantro, cooked tomatillos, and chicken broth.
3. Transfer to a pot over medium heat – add butter, sour cream, salt, pepper, cumin and whisk until combined.
4. Add corn starch mixture while whisking quickly and bring to a boil.
5. Run mixture over a fine colander so that the sauce is smooth and silky.
6. In a separate large skillet, add oil over medium heat. Place tortillas in oil, one by one, and quickly flip with tongs. The goal is to quickly coat with hot oil to make sure they are still soft and pliable.
7. Then assemble, bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes and enjoy!