1. First, make the syrup: add the sugar, water, honey, and lemon zest in a small sauce pan over medium-high heat. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, stirring until sugar is dissolved and mixture is thickened, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat. Add rose water and vanilla and set aside to cool.
2. Next, make the nut mixture: in a food processor, add pistachios, walnuts and sugar and pulse, leaving some texture.
3. Next, preheat oven to 350F. Brush bottom of a 9×13 baking pan with melted butter. Open the phyllo dough box, there should be two rolls. Cut off two inches of each roll so that it fits inside the baking dish.
4. Lay one stack of phyllo in the dish, followed by 3/4 of the nut mixture (save the remaining nut mixture to sprinkle on top at the end). Add the the other stack of phyllo on top.
5. Gently cut baklava into squares. Pour melted butter on top and take your knife and cut the squares again, so that the butter really settles in. Bake until golden, about 50-60 minutes. Remove from oven and pour the cooled honey syrup on top, and remaining nuts. ENJOY!!!