1. Cook your pasta until al dente in heavily salted water. Remove, set aside and drizzle some extra virgin olive oil on top to prevent sticking.
2. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and start whisking in flour little by little to combine. Continue whisking for about 2 minutes. Then start to slowly incorporate your whole milk and half and half, whisking constantly until silky smooth. Once it reaches a thick consistency, turn down your heat to the lowest setting and add in approximately 3-4 cups of your combined mixture of grated cheeses, salt, fresh cracked pepper, and paprika. Stir until smooth and reserve the remaining amount of cheese to top.
3. Remove from heat. Pour your pasta into the sauce and stir to combine. Then pour pasta into a thoroughly greased baking dish.
4. Top the pasta mixture with the reserved cheese.
5. Crush 1/2 a sleeve of ritz crackers into small pieces. I usually place them into a bag and use a spoon to break them up. Combine with the melted butter and sprinkle overtop of the layer of cheese.
6. Place into the oven at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.